If you are a believer in Christ and have been saved and freed from the bondage of your sin, then God has a purpose for your life. He saved you for a specific reason, a specific purpose. That purpose is outside of “self”. Self is the old sin nature we all possess and even as a believer, there is a constant battle against the flesh. But we’ve been offered the keys to escape the bondage of self. That is … a life outside of self. A life lived outward.
You have a platform. We all do. God has given you this platform. He expects you to do something with it. Like the parable of the talents, the men were given 1, 2 and 5 talents. Each of us have been given our “talents” or our platform. Those men that got 1, 2 or 5, before they were given this, they had zero. Nothing. The talents were given to them and the Master expected them to do something with them.
The same is true for you. Whatever your platform – no matter how large or how small it, no matter if it impacts 3 people or 300 or 30,000 – God expects you to maximize your impact on those in your platform. You need to understand what your “it” is in life. “It” is to be the “salt of the earth and the light of the world” Matthew 5:13-14. Your “it” is real simple – it is to impact and influence others for the glory of God through the platform He has given you.
Coaching is not Hugh Freeze’s purpose, it’s just his platform.
Obstacles to your platform
- Looking at everyone else’s platform. It distracts you from being intentional and influential with the platform God has given you.
- Opposition will come. Fear can distract us from living out our platform. Your platform comes with opportunity. Fear can take that away from you. What warriors do is charge into the fear, not shy away from it. David “ran quickly to the battle”.
- God’s timing is not always ours. His answer sometimes is “no”. But I’d rather live with Him – even if the answer is no – knowing He has my back, than I would live in this world without Him.
We have to have a game plan to accomplish our “it”…
- We must be more intentional about being in relationship with God. lifejournal.cc and the Divine Mentor (a daily walk through the Bible) is how Coach Freeze does it. Every day, the program takes you into God’s word and God has used it in amazing ways to give him the exact verse he needs that day to answer tough questions he brings to God. He prays on the way to work and gives God his list of “Things I need you to guide me on today Lord” and then he goes into Divine Mentor and seeks God’s answers. God will speak if you are intentional about seeking Him. We will get it wrong without Him.
- Have an attitude about you – it is the way you think about yourself, it is what you believe about yourself and who you are in Christ. Attitude is the way we talk about ourselves and the platform we’ve been given. Something should be different about us if we’re going to impact others in our platform.
- We must stay in the game – when life beats you up (and it will), you’re going to be tempted to retreat to the training room to get relief. When it gets rough, we’re going to want to stay in the training room soaking in a hot tub and not go back out on the field.
The thing about us Christians is that we win in the end. We’ll get through these trials and setbacks by God’s grace and through His mercy and we know, we win in the end. 1 Cor 15:57 “your work for the Lord is not in vain”. Stay in the game. The right kind of man has the ability to finish. It doesn’t mean you won’t stump your toe or get beaten up or even have a train wreck along the way … but … you have the ability to finish. Get back in the game and finish.
Be in the game. Be salt and light with the platform God’s given you. God gave you this platform – whether it reaches 3 or 300 or 3,000 – it is your platform and He’s got you there for a reason.
He wants you to stay in the game for His glory. Watch this video. There are priceless treasures in here…